High Intensity Focused Ultrasound
What is HIFU?
HIFU stands for high-intensity focused ultrasound. It is a very safe treatment with a long history in the medical arena. HIFU is a non-invasive (no incisions) treatment that leaves healthy tissue unharmed.
Brilliant for facial and body rejuvenation, this highly touted non-surgical treatment creates micro-thermal coagulation zones in the deeper layers of the dermis.
HIFU basically fractionally traumatises the area treated enabling cell to cell signalling. Fractional trauma is the preferred method as it lends to quicker wound healing, no downtime and reduces risks such as infection compared to other fully ablative treatments.
Even better, HIFU reaches the SMAS which is the same area plastic surgeons target during a facelift. HIFU reaches areas of the skin lasers simply can’t. How good is that!
How does it work?
The highly focused ultrasound accelerates and activates the body’s own healing process in the face, neck and other body areas which thereby assists sagging skin to tighten and become more firm
This treatment does not require fillers, creams or toxic substances. It relies solely on the body’s natural regenerative capacity. As it targets deeper layers, the surface of the skin is not affected.
What will I Feel during the Treatment?
Unlike other HIFU treatments available, thanks to our unique cooling system, our treatment is virtually painless! All you have to do is lay back and relax whilst our clinician treats you. You will leave our clinic a more lifted and glowing YOU!
What is HIFU Used for:
- Non-surgical facelifting and tightens sagging skin
- Skin smoothing and wrinkle reduction
- Eyebrow lifting
- Lifting of the cheeks
- Lifting of nasolabial folds
- Ageing neck and décolletage.
- Reduction of chin and sculpting of the jawline
- Underarm (bingo wing) tightening and smoothing of crepe and wrinkled skin
- Upper inner thighs with lax skin where fat and tissue wobbles
- Tightening and fat reduction of the abdomen and stomach, upper knees and more.
How Long Does the Treatment Take?
A single treatment takes between 30 and 90 minutes depending on the area being treated.
How Many Treatments Do I Need?
Generally, great results can be achieved after only one treatment. However, additional treatments are recommended in cases where there is significant ageing which is carried out 3 months later. Treatment to a different area can be carried out at any time.
NB: Darker skin types will require additional treatments due to lower intensity of the application as they have a heightened risk of melasma.
What Will It Cost?
- Full face (includes cheeks, brows eyes and mouth) $2,500
- Full face, neck and Chin $5,999
- Chin $1,050
- Brows $ 460
- Abdomen $2,500
- Back of both Arms $2,500
- Above knees $2,500
- Inner Thighs $2,500
You can immediately resume your normal activities as the skin’s upper layers are not damaged by the high intensity ultrasound. In some cases, slight redness or swelling may occur which will quickly subside. There may also be a sight sensitivity to touch and light tingling sensation which can persist for up to 2 weeks. In very rare cases, bruising, welting, temporary local numbness and small burns may occur. These side effects disappear after a few days. No side effects are usually seen two weeks post treatment.
Not suitable if you have any of the following;
- Current or previous skin cancer (epithelioma and melanoma)
- Benign or malignant tumours
- Cystic Acne
- Those taking photosensitizing drugs
- Impaired motor functions (paralysis of facial muscles)
- Presence of metallic materials or gold implants in the bone/tissue in the area being treated
- Active herpes or open wounds or lesions
- If you have had laser resurfacing or use of Oral Isotretinoin/Accutane within last six months
It is advised to wait two weeks post dermal filler, anti-wrinkle injections and sun exposure to area being treated. Please discontinue use of Vitamin A, BHA, AHA products 72 hours prior to treatment and chemical peels 4 weeks prior